Protein role in weight loss
- Dietary protein - its role in satiety, energetics, weight loss and health.
- Whey Protein Supplementation Preserves Postprandial Myofibrillar Protein Synthesis during Short-Term Energy Restriction in Overweight and Obese Adults.
- A high whey protein-, leucine-, and vitamin D-enriched supplement preserves muscle mass during intentional weight loss in obese older adults: a double-blind randomized controlled trial.
- Increased protein intake reduces lean body mass loss during weight loss in athletes.
- Benefits of high-protein weight loss diets: enough evidence for practice?
- Dietary protein, weight loss, and weight maintenance.
- A whey-protein supplement increases fat loss and spares lean muscle in obese subjects: a randomized human clinical study
- Glucose uptake by the brain on chronic high-protein weight-loss diets with either moderate or low amounts of carbohydrate.
- Dietary protein impact on glycemic control during weight loss.
- Effect of an energy-restricted, high-protein, low-fat diet relative to a conventional high-carbohydrate, low-fat diet on weight loss, body composition, nutritional status, and markers of cardiovascular health in obese women.
- Additional protein intake limits weight regain after weight loss in humans.
- High protein intake sustains weight maintenance after body weight loss in humans.
- Higher protein intake preserves lean mass and satiety with weight loss in pre-obese and obese women.
- Effect of a high-protein, energy-restricted diet on weight loss and energy expenditure after weight stabilization in hyperinsulinemic subjects.
- Long-term effects of a high-protein weight-loss diet.
- The effects of high protein diets on thermogenesis, satiety and weight loss: a critical review.
- High-protein weight-loss diets: are they safe and do they work? A review of the experimental and epidemiologic data.
- Protein, weight management, and satiety.
- Normal vs. high-protein weight loss diets in men: effects on body composition and indices of metabolic syndrome.
- Enhanced weight loss with protein-enriched meal replacements in subjects with the metabolic syndrome.
Artificial Sweeteners and Insulin Changes
Very Low Calories Diet (VLCD)
To bulk? or not to bulk?